10/02/2012

Poets of the Caribbean is Two Years Old

Happy blogoversary to Poets of the Caribbean!



Two years ago, I created this blog to promote Caribbean poets and poetry, and what an amazing experience it has been. I have interacted with so many outstanding Caribbean poets, read truly inspiring poetry, and learned a whole lot more about the rich and multilingual heritage of Caribbean poetry. To date, there have been over 18,000 page views from so many different countries. I have also created a list of Caribbean poets, in an effort to capture the many poets from the region, and it has been the most viewed post to date.

Join me during this month as I shine the spotlight on another interesting and talented poet, novelist, playwright and cultural warrior, Geoffrey Philp. Throughout October also, I will be sharing prizes and surprises as I celebrate my two-year blogoversary.

Thanks to all the poets who have graciously shared their works, guest-posted, granted interviews and shared their comments.

It has been such a worthwhile experience for me, and I thank you for your readership, your comments, and, I look forward to more interaction from you, as we celebrate the work of Caribbean poets.

No comments: