8/30/2011

Coming to Poets of the Caribbean...

Dear readers,

I hope that you have enjoyed reading about Cherry Natural, our August poet. I am excited to share with you a sneak preview of upcoming posts and new features. First, stay tuned as I highlight a French Caribbean poet in September. This will be the first francophone poet highlighted on the blog, in keeping with my promise to provide balanced coverage of English, Spanish and French Caribbean poets.

Also, October will be the one-year anniversary of Poets of the Caribbean. Yeah! Thanks to all you readers who have visited the blog over these past months. Some of you left thoughtful comments for which I am grateful. I have been pleasantly surprised at the wide geographic readership so far, and the range of poets and topics that you are interested in. I am glad that you found my blog and look forward to sharing with you the works of many Caribbean poets.

Which leads me to my next announcement. In October, I will be having some surprise giveaways, so be sure to check in with me regularly so that you don't miss out. One such surprise will be the giveaway of my October poet's first collection. I will also be picking your brain with a poll to see what you would like to see on Poets of the Caribbean as we move into another year.

So, thanks again for checking in and stay tuned!

No comments: