Here are 5 interesting things I learned about our poet of the month, Lasana Sekou:
1. He has authored over 13 books
2. Because of his prolific writing, Lasana Sekou has been described by Dr. Armando Lampo as the 'Walcott of the Dutch Caribbean'
3. Sekou is a multilingual poet, and has written in Spanish, French, Dutch and Creole
4. In 1982, he founded the House of Nehesi Publishers (HNP)
5. He co-founded the St. Martin Book Fair in 2003 with Shujah Reiph.
So, the Caribbean is truly fortunate to have such a talented, forward-thinking and prolific writer!